Friday, September 2, 2011

Suzanne Collings ripped off George Lucas!!!!!!!! The Hunger Games seris.

       So I Finally Finnish  reading the second installment in the Hunger Games series, Catching Fire. It Starts out Kind of slow and not too much happens although there are some quizzical moments. The story moves right along though and just as you think you know what's going to happen, you don't. Twist after twist after turn there is no end of heart stopping moments in this book. It really is a good read. Just a one thing bugged/amused me.

             SUZANNE COLLINS RIPPED OFF GEORGE LUCAS?!?!?!?!?!?!? Yea I know that sounds preposterous right? Usually when you think of Star wars Katniss killing off some 14 year olds with a bow doesn't come to mind...  But there is a part in the book where (Spoiler alert kinda but not a big one) Gale says "I love you" to Katniss and she responds with "I Know". Does anyone remember a little movie called The Empire strikes back? In that movie at one point the heroine of the story says "I love you" to one of the main protagonists of the story and he returns her gesture with "I know". This is one of the most famous movie lines in history (at least in my eyes) so I doubt she didn't realize what she was doing. I guess Suzanne Collins is just a star wars fan... May the force be with you.

1 comment:

  1. i really like how you give examples of or realting to other movies/books that help understand why things are done aht way. i dont watch star wars nor have i read the hunger games but the analogies somewhat helped understand whats going on.

    ReplyDelete