Friday, September 16, 2011

My conclusion to the Hunger Games seris

The Hunger Games Is an enthralling series that has you on the edge of your seat till the very end. This is perhaps one of the best and well written book series I have ever read. Many people will argue that the end wasn't that good but I will argue against that. It wouldn't seem right to end it any other way. That's as much as I can say without revealing too much and giving out spoilers. However It would of been nice if Collins would of given more information about what happens at the end. Its a very good read and I would recommend this book series to people of all ages and backgrounds.
          Okay so this is kinda sad that I just now made this association but this futuristic/ post apocalyptic world that Katniss lives in reminds me a LOT of ancient Rome. The Games reminds me of the Colosseum and how gladiators were forced to fight to the death for the public entertainment. Also how at the big party/feast there is a room where people go to puke so they can eat more. This is something that was common in ancient Rome. I think maybe one of the underlying themes is that history tends to repeat itself. Humans make the same mistakes over and over again, we never learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment